Seeds for Better Digestion
Seeds for Better Digestion – after a meal
- 1/2 cup of Fennel Seeds
- 1/4 cup of toasted Coriander Seeds
- 1/4 Cup of Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of Ajwan (indian celery seeds) Seeds
- 2 Pinches of Salt (Preferably Black or Sea salt)
- 1 Tablespoon of Hot Water
Pick over the Fennel seeds for any twigs or tiny stones.
Dissolve the sale in 1 Tablespoon of water
Heat a heavy cast iron frying pan on medium heat:
- Put in the Fennel seeds and roast, stirring constantly until slightly brown (takes around 2 minutes)
- Sprinkle on the salt water and stir and toast until dry and fragrant.
- Pour into a dish
Roast the remaining seeds, each kind separately, for a minute to two minutes or so, until fragrant and slightly brown.
Add to the dish of fennel and mix well.
Store in a glass jar.
Eat a teaspoonful after lunch and dinner for good digestion and sweet breath.
Note: The coriander seeds have the hard outer shell. You can find the coriander seeds without its hard shell at Indian grocery stores, and they are often roasted with turmeric.
– Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing by Mrs. Ursh Lad and Dr. Vasant Lad –
– Image Credit: Indiamart.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.