Cooling Yoga poses for the Hot Summer – Part 1
Neutral Spine (The spine in neutral): Strengthens and tones the muscles of the lower spine and abdomen. Its affect are: Grounding, Toning, and Stretching.
1. Lie on your back. Bend your knees placing your feet close to your buttocks, hip distance apart. Turn the toe in slightly. The feet are firmly on the floor. Knees always remain directly over your feet.
2. Lengthen the back of your neck and tuck your shoulders under you with the shoulder blades flat on the floor. Your arms are outstretched beside you.
3. Inhale, relax your back completely. Exhale as you move your waist toward the floor. Feel the internal organs become heavy with the weight of gravity relaxing your whole abdominal region downward.
4. Inhale, relax your back completely, and letting it come off of the floor.
5. Exhale and again move your waist down to lightly touch or kiss the floor and hold it there for 1 to 5 minutes.
6. Repeat this pose as many times as you like through out the day.
You must be logged in to post a comment.