Cooling Yoga Poses for Hot Summer Days – Part 3
Cat Stretch: Relaxing and Restoring
Moving into the Pose:
1. Inhale, keep your arms and thighs straight and vertical. Exhale and let your back become concave as it moves down toward the floor.
2. As you inhale, lift between your shoulder blades to push your spine upward toward the ceiling.
3. Continue moving your spine on each inhalation and exhalation for 1 – 5 minutes.
Completing the pose: On an exhale, sit back onto your heels and place your forehead on the floor with your hands beside your feet – the palms are up. Rest in this Child’s pose and let your breathing return to normal breathing.
* General precautions for the people with knee issues: use soft padding under the knees or do this pose standing with the hands on a coffee table.
* General precautions for the people with neck and back issues: Go slow and gently by easing the back only as far as it will comfortably move.
You must be logged in to post a comment.