Raspberries are sweet, sour and astringent and cooling with a pungent after digestion effect. They stimulate Vata and calm Kapha dosha, and Pitta can eat them occasionally.
Note: Do not eat milk, yogurt or cheese with raspberries as it may cause hemorrhoids, ulcers and skin diseases. Try not to eat more than two handfuls since it may cause vomiting in some people.
1. For Burning Urination, eat about 20 raspberries with 1 teaspoon rock candy powder or natural sugar sprinkled over them and then drink 1 cup of water. This may help to stop the burning sensation and inflammation of the urinary tract.
2. In cases of Bleeding gums, Hemorrhoids, or Profuse Menstruation, try chewing about 10 to 20 raspberries, 2 or 3 times a day, on an empty stomach.
3. In any Bleeding Disorder, drink 1 cup of raspberry juice with a pinch each of ground cumin and ground fennel to help slow down the bleeding.
Strawberries as a medicine
Strawberries are sour, sweet, astringent, and heating and have a pungent after digestion effect. In moderation, they are suitable for Tridosha, but overeating strawberries can disturb all three doshas and may effect the lungs, and stomach, leading to coughing and vomiting.
Note: Do not mix strawberries with other food, especially milk, yogurt, or honey. Eat them alone or leave them alone.
1. Eating 10 strawberries daily may help the patient of Pulmonary Tuberculosis or Anemia.
– Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing by Mrs Usha Lad and Dr. Vasant Lad –
– image credit: 123rf.com –