(Serves 4 – 6 as side dish – 1 to 2 spoonfuls per person)
- 2 Cucumbers
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pinch hing
- 4 curry leaves
- 1 pinch cayenne or 1/2 small chili, chopped
- 1 small handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain fresh yogurt
Skin and grate the cucumbers – pour off and discard any excess juice.
Heat the ghee in saucepan over medium heat, and add the mustard, cumin, hing, and curry leaves.
Cook a moment until seeds pop.
Add the cayenne or chili and the cilantro, shake the pan, and remove from heat.
Stir the yogurt and grated cucumber together in a bowl.
Add the cooled spices to the yogurt mixture, and mix well, and serve.
– Ayurvedic cooking for self-healing by Mrs. Usha Lad, and Dr. Vasant Lad –
– the image credit: surekha-myrecipescollection.blogspot.com –