1. Cool Water Wash
Early in the morning when you wash your face, fill your mouth with cool water – traditionally, you are not supposed to swallow or spit our the water, but keep it in your mouth – while splashing cool water over your open eyes.
2. Rose water eye drops
You can buy rose water from a health food store, or prepare a solution of rose water yourself. This solution will immediately soothe any eye irritation.
- 1 ounce of distilled or purified water
- 5 drops of pure rose water
Simply use the solution to rise your eyes, or use it as a eye drop. Also an eye cup can be used to rince your eyes.
* make sure the water is neither too cold or too hot.
3. For Bloodshot eyes
Drink a cup of fresh orange juice with 1/2 teaspoon of natural sugar and a pinch of cumin.
4. For the simplest and best remedy for irritated eyes
Put a single drop of pure, genuine castor oil (have to without any preservatives), into your eyes at bedtime. Rubbing a little castor oil on the soles of your feet at bedtime also helps.
*Wear a pair of an old socks to prevent the oil from staining your bedsheets.
5. High Pitta (acidity) causing eye irritation.
- 1/2 teaspoon Shatavari, pinch of Shanka bhasma – Take it twice a day for 2 weeks with a little warm water.
- Aloe vera gel (2 tablespoon 3 times a day) also pacifies acidity
- Mix an equal part of Shanka pushpi and Jatamamsi – Take 1/2 teaspoon twice a day for 2 weeks
– Secrets of Ayurvedic Self-Healing: Vasant Lad – http://www.ayurveda.com/
– the image credit: omnieyecarecenter.com